As a premier Real Estate company, we know how important it is to have a home looking its best when selling in today's market. That's why staging is integral to the home-selling process. Here are some tips and tricks when it comes to staging your home to sell, that every seller should know.
- First impressions matter When selling your home, the first impression the potential buyer gets when walking through the door is everything. So, make sure to make that initial experience a memorable one by cleaning and decluttering. Remove any personal items that can distract the buyer, such as family photos, artwork or collectibles. Keeping the interior minimalist and neat will create a blank canvas for potential buyers to envision their own style in the space.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere to Keep Them Coming Back Following an open house, your home should stick in the buyer's mind. Consider adding welcome details, like fresh linens or candles, to keep your home on their mind. Make your home appeal to the senses by having a fresh bouquet of flowers or fresh baked goods, creating an at-home feel and leaving potential buyers with a positive impression of the home.
- Light and Space Lighting can make all the difference when selling a house, especially during an open house or showing. Natural lighting works best, so ensure that all window treatments are open and the natural light is showcased. Buyers want to feel that a house is spacious and open, so make sure that all areas of your home are well-lit and ventilated.
- Highlight the Best Features of Your Home Whether it’s the flow of your home's layout or design features, emphasize the best features in your home. Staging and a professional interior designer can also go a long way. Many sellers opt to hire interior designers to bring an expert eye and make their home look it’s very best.
- Consider Home Staging Services Professional home staging services, according to statistics, can often offer a significant return-on-investment for homeowners, so it’s worth considering when selling. These services will analyze the existing space and determine how to rearrange furniture and remove or add key elements to best showcase the home.
In summary, staging your home is an essential part of preparing for selling and showing a property. By focusing on creating an outstanding first impression, keeping the space open and decluttered, focusing on natural lighting, highlighting the best parts of your home, and potentially hiring a professional to assist with propping and styling, you can vastly increase the chances of selling your home quickly and profitably.
If you want a more detailed step-by-step guide on staging your home, please let us know, here at Elation Real Estate, and we will be happy to provide you with more information.